Are You New to St. Paul’s?
You will find us at 1135 12th Street, tucked in behind the Sparks Public Library.
Whether you’re a cradle Episcopalian, from another denomination, new to the area, looking for a change, or completely new to church, we welcome you and hope you find a place of belonging within our community!
Newcomers often ask, “so what do you believe?” We are a Christian church, whose mission is to spread the Good News of God in Christ in our wondrous and confusing world. We believe that scripture, tradition, human reason, and our individual experiences shape us as the Body of Christ, the Church. We are a diverse people, united in worship, prayer, and service. We believe in the Ministry of the Baptized. It is our mission to support one another in our baptismal vows:
- To continue in the Apostles’ teachings and fellowship, in the breaking of the bread and in the prayers.
- To persevere in resisting evil, by changing heart when we have fallen away and returning to God.
- To proclaim the Good News of God in Christ, by word and example.
- To seek and serve Christ in all persons, by loving our neighbor as ourselves.
- To strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being.
We don’t profess to have all the answers but are encouraged to ask tough questions as we journey together in our faith.
Come check us out…you belong here.