At the southwest corner of Oddie Boulevard and 12th Street in Sparks, there’s a tiny powder blue and white sign with a red cross, hanging in the shadows that says:
The Episcopal Church Welcomes You
Don’t blink! Or, you’ll miss it! Just around the corner, tucked behind the Sparks Library, is St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. And, we welcome you!
Whether you’re a cradle Episcopalian, new to the area, or from another denomination, looking for a change, or completely “un-churched” and searching for new direction and a sense of purpose in these uncertain times – we welcome you!
Newcomers often ask, “so what do you believe?” We are a Christian church, whose mission is to spread the Good News of God in Christ in our wondrous and confusing world. We believe that scripture, tradition, human reason, and our individual experiences shape us as the Body of Christ. We are a diverse people, united in prayer – united in worship. We believe in the Ministry of the Baptized. It is our mission to support one another in our baptismal vows:
- To continue in the Apostles’ teachings and fellowship, in the breaking of the bread and in the prayers.
- To persevere in resisting evil, by changing heart when we have fallen away and returning to God.
- To proclaim the Good News of God in Christ, by word and example.
- To seek and serve Christ in all persons, by loving our neighbor as ourselves.
- To strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being.
We don’t profess to have all the answers; but we’re not afraid to ask questions, in order to find ways that we, the Body of Christ, can help usher in God’s kingdom.
Come check us out…you belong here.